Job Description – Senior DBA and Architect
WovVTech is looking for a DBA who has worked with large complex databases and can fine tune and optimize with scalability in mind. You will be responsible for innovating and employing best practices when it comes to database design, database management, patches, security, and performance.
The Sr. DBA will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the company databases and guarantee the data is stored securely and efficiently. The Sr. DBA will also provide strategic guidance and implementation of the corporate data warehouse and the corresponding data feeds.
As a subject matter expert, you will be expected to evangelize DevOps as a culture within the engineering organization.
4-5 Years – Database Administrator
5+ years – Senior/Lead Database Administrator and Architect
Key Roles and Responsibilities:`
- Build resilient and scalable database schema and queries, to support and scale of overall application architecture
- Implement best-in-class performance tuning in DB systems/queries
- Synthe/mask production-quality data for robust application testing
- Engineer who can architect, build scalable & maintain high availability solutions on any Cloud (AWS, Google, Azure, Oracle, etc – ) environment in a cost-effective manner.
- Deploy/maintain necessary DB infrastructure to support application development/testing
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need of downtime
- Perform regular maintenance/backup/recovery of databases, as needed
- Monitor production systems and ensure uptime/performance as per the SLA
- Support emergency troubleshooting/maintenance on production systems
- Responsible for server maintenance and implementing, debug or patching the databases which may include rollouts and upgrades.
- Closely communicate with team members, Product Owner, and other stakeholders, to understand the expectation and goal of business
- Improve infrastructure automation using modern tools.
- Optimize spend and improve elasticity on our infrastructure.
- Be responsible for continuously evaluating and implementing evolving best practices.
- Keep our systems and services secure by ensuring adherence to security best practices.
- Ensure availability with redundancies of all the critical components.
- Inculcate a strong sense of DevOps culture into the engineering team. (Good to have)
- Participate in daily standups and refinement sessions, contribute constructively into the discussion, provide expert opinion and valuable inputs.
- Full cycle experience in Database Design, Architecture , implementation and maintenance is required
- Experience in handling, design, and management of Enterprise level databases is mandatory
- Hands-on experience working with both SQL (must), NoSQL databases (Preferred).
- Experience with innodb, galera preferred
- Should be able to handle billions of rows
- Extensive exposure to at least one major cloud platform like AWS, GCP or Azure with commonly used services.
- Ability to take care of monitoring, alerting, logs, user access, certificate and keys management, etc.
- Know your way through various flavors of Linux and commonly used command-line utilities.
- Assist with configuration management systems and concepts (CVS, SVN, ClearCase, SourceSafe, etc)
- Be able to simplify complex systems and right- the architecture.
- Experience with minimal downtime migrations and blue-green deployments.
- Strong knowledge of deployment tools such as any CI/CD pipeline to deployment automation.
- Excellent communication skills are required to be able to convey technical issues and details to non-technical users
- Hands on Experience in implementing Full lifecycle DevOps automation including Configuration management, Build Automation, Release management, Deployment automation and Infrastructure management (Good to have)
- You are highly entrepreneurial. You take the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
- You’ve started and/or contributed to projects you’re passionate about.
- You are a great collaborator. You know that startups are a team sport. You listen to others, speak your mind, and ask the right questions.