IPR Chair Professor
No of Posts
Rs. 1,00,000/-Per Month
Last Date to Apply
1. Post Name: IPR Chair Professor (01)
2. Qualification: (i) An academic / scholar of outstanding track record with PhD and experience of teaching and research on IPR in a University or Accredited Research Institute.
(ii) Retired Officials of IP Offices under the CGPDTM having experience of 5 years of working at Grade Pay of Rs. 6,600/- or above (as Controller of Patent & Design or Registrar of Trademark & Geographical Indications or Registrar of Copyrights).
(iii) An outstanding professional with an established reputation in the field of IPR, who has made a significant contribution to knowledge in the field (to be substantiated by credentials).
3. Note: In case the University is unable to appoint an IPR Chair Professor, a Professor of the University may be given additional charge as IPR Chair Professor with an Honorarium not exceeding Rs. 25,000.00 per month.
4. Salary: Rs. 1,00,000.00 (Rupees one lakh) per month (Consolidated)
Age: Not exceeding 65
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees one thousand only) for the post of IPR Chair Professor (Exempted for SC/ST/PWD categories)
1. Only Indian nationals need to apply.
2. Please deposit the application fee as stated in the advertisement and furnish scan copy of the e-generated receipt of the payment along with the application. The application fee is not refundable.
3. For all the posts, where the age limit is prescribed, the crucial date for calculating the same will be the last date of receipt of the applications as declared in the advertisement / University Website.
4. The University reserves the right to fill in or otherwise, any or all the advertised posts.
5. Mere fulfilment of minimum qualification and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview.
6. Minimum requirement of qualification and/or experience may be relaxed in respect of exceptionally outstanding candidates. Candidate(s) with a higher qualification will be preferred.
7. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from candidates regarding the postal delay, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for the interview.
8. Persons in employment should submit their applications through proper channel with a forwarding note of the employer in ‘Part-C’ of the application proforma. However, a photocopy of the duly filled in application form along with the Bank Draft in original may be sent as “Advance Copy” in order to avoid delay in receipt.
9. Applicants must fill in all the parts (Part-A, Part-B, Part-C) of the application form. Incomplete application and application not in the prescribed form and application without photocopies of certificates/mark sheets, proof of date of birth, caste certificate, etc. will be rejected. List of publications is to be attached with details of the journal (International/ National) / Conference paper. In the case of journal papers, impact factor is to be mentioned. A list of enclosures must be furnished as indicated in the application form.
10. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
11. Any change of address for correspondence should be communicated to the Registrar, Tezpur University, giving reference of the Advertisement and post(s) applied for.
1. The posts are purely temporary under the Scheme of Pedagogy & Research in IPRs for Holistic Education and Academia (SPRIHA), sponsored by the Government of India, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (IPRCopyright Section).
2. The appointment shall be valid until the scheme exists. Presently, the scheme is valid till March 2025.
3. With regard to the age limit, the crucial / reckoning date shall be the last date of receipt of applications as mentioned in the advertisement.
4. In case the University is unable to appoint an IPR Chair Professor, a Professor of the University may be given additional charge as IPR Chair Professor with an Honorarium not exceeding Rs. 25,000.00 per month as per provision of the scheme.
5. In case the University is unable to appoint an IPR Chair Professor, a Professor of the University may be given additional charge as IPR Chair Professor with an Honorarium not exceeding Rs. 25,000.00 per month as per provision of the scheme.
Tezpur University, Tezpur – 784 028 (Assam)
Selection Procedure :
Mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria shall not entitle a person for consideration. The decision of the Screening Committee(s) for short-listing of candidates shall be final and binding
How to Apply :
1. Applications (through e-mail only) are invited from eligible candidates for the posts of (1) IPR Chair Professor and (2) Research Assistant under the Scheme of Pedagogy & Research in IPRs for Holistic Education and Academia (SPRIHA), sponsored by the Government of India. Details of the advertisement, other terms and conditions are available on the University website www.tezu.ernet.in. The last date for submission of filled-in applications through e-mail is 09.07.2020(Till 11.59 PM, IST).
2. Applications through e-mail can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Last date of submission of filled-in applications through e-mail 09.07.2020 (Till 11.59 PM, IST)
4. Filled-in applications in pdf format (format attached) may be submitted through e-mails. The hard copy of the application will be REQUIRED to submit at the time of interview and NOT required to send through post separately.
5. The duly signed scan copy (pdf) of the completed application(s) must be submitted through e-mail to email@example.com by the last date as stated above under the subject line “Application for the post of …………… against Advt. No. 07/2020 along with all necessary attachments including the e-generated receipt of the payment along with the application and other supporting documents for academic and desirable qualifications.
6. Application(s) received after the last date or incomplete in any form or without the application fee shall be summarily rejected. Those in employment must submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the concerned
employer. However, one may send a copy of the application as “ADVANCE COPY” within the closing date. In such a case, the original application forwarded by the employer and/or the “NOC” should reach
the undersigned within ten (10) days from the last date of submission of applications.