On 26/05/2020, South Eastern Railway announced Job notification to hire candidates who completed Diploma, ITI, 10TH for the position of Assistant Loco Pilot.
South Eastern Railway
Assistant Loco Pilot
No of Posts
Rs. 5,200 – Rs. 20,200/-Per Month
Last Date to Apply
In order to register online for the GDCE for South Eastern Railway Examination – 2020, the candidate has to visit the website Read carefully the instructions given herein and click Apply Now. Online Applications are invited from eligible serving regular Railway employees of South Eastern Railway for filling up following vacancies. against General Departmental Competitive Examination(GDCE) quota.
1. Posts: Assistant Loco Pilot
2. No.of. Posts: 324
3. Minimum Educational Qualification: Matriculation Pass or its equivalent or 10th Class(10th standard) Pass plus (a) ITI certificate/Act Apprenticeship passed in trade(i) Fitter (ii) Electrician(iii) Instrument Mechanic (iv)Mail Wright/ Maintenance Mechanic (v)Mechanic (Radio & TV)(vi)Electronics Mechanic (vii)Mechanic(Motor Vehicle) (viii)Wireman (ix)Tractor Mechanic (x)Armature & Coil Winder (xi)Mechanic(Diesel) (xii)Heat Engine (xiii)Turner (xiv)Machinist (xv) Refrigeration & AC Mechanic OR (b) Diploma in Mechanical/ Electrical/Electronics/Automobile Engineering in lieu of ITI.
Note: Degree in the Engineering disciplines as above will also be acceptable in lieu of Diploma in Engineering
4. Pay: (5200- 20200 with GP Level-2 Of CPC)
Age: The upper age limit will be 42 years for General candidates, 47 years for SC/ST candidates and 45 years for OBC candidates. The age will be reckoned as on 01.01.2020.
Application Fee: Examination Fee: Nil
Candidate has to fill- in the following basic information:
1. Candidate’s Name
2. Name of Father / Mother.
3. Date of Birth.
8. The candidate should enter a valid E-Mail ID and confirm the same.
9. Candidate should enter his/her Mobile Number.
10.Education details – Degree / Diploma / ITI (any degree from a recognized University).
11.Address for Communication: Candidate should enter his / her address as per the specification given therein.
12. Read the declaration and Click SUBMIT.
13. Save the information you have entered:
1. Before applying, the candidates should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he/she fulfils all the prescribed eligibility criteria at the time of ONLINE REGISTRATION of application as per the Notification.
2. The number of vacancies shown in this Notification is provisional and the same is liable to increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs Of the administration at the time of finalization of selection.
3. The vacancies are to be filled in various Divisions/Units/Work Shops/HQrs. of South Eastern Railway. The selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere on South Eastern Railway. The decision of Railway Administration in this regard shall be final.
4. Railway Administration reserves the right to alter the mode of examinations or re-conduct the CBT examination or to cancel part or whole of any process of the selection at any stage without assigning any reason.
5. RRC reserves the right to conduct the examination in batches on various dates and locations as decided by the RRC.
6. The selected employees under GDCE will have to pass the prescribed training courses prior to appointment to the post for which selected under GDCE wherever applicable.
7. The Scheme of GDCE will be implemented according to the guidelines issued by Railway Board and will be binding on all.
8. Candidate’s biometric data capture and/or video/still photography will be done before admitting to the examination hall or in the examination hall/during the examination. Candidates must 0-operate with examination conducting officials.
9. Sparing of the candidates for taking the examination and issuing necessary duty passes. if required, as per rule, will be the responsibility of the concerned office/unit/workshop where the candidates are presently working. No travel authority shall be provided by RRC.
South Eastern Railway Railway Recruitment Cell, 11. Garden Reach Road, Bungalow No. 12a, Kolkata-700043.
Selection Procedure :
1. The selection for the posts notified in the Notification will be by Computer Based Test(CBT). There will be a separate Computer Based Test(CBT) examination for each post for which the candidates have submitted their ONLINE application. The selection will be made strictly as per merit in the Computer Based Test(CBT) examination.
2. GDCE Quota is earmarked out of Direct Recruitment Vacancies. The standard of Computer Based Test(CBT) will be therefore as per the level of RRB examination of notified posts for open market candidates. The questions set in the Computer Based Test(CBT) will be of Multiple Choice Objective Type. The question paper will be set In English and Hindi only and the questions are likely to include subjects pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic. General Intelligence & Reasoning. The question paper will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 Objective Questions, each carrying one mark each.
3. There will be negative marking in CBT examination and marks will be deducted for each wrong answer @1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
4. For the post of Assistant Loco Pilot, Aptitude Test will be conducted for the candidates shortlisted as per merit in the Computer Based Test(CBT) examination.
5. For the post of Jr.CIerk cum Typist & Sr.CIerk cum Typist, Typing proficiency Test of 30 w.p.m. in English/2S w.p.m. In Hindi on Computer without editing tools and spell Check facility be conducted for the candidates shortlisted as per merit.
6. The Computer Based Test(CBT) examination will be conducted by RRC/GRC and the date of examinations will be notified by RRC/GRC in due course through SMS on registered mobile numbers & E-Mail address registered in the applications and on the website Of RRC/GRC.
7. There will be no supplementary examination for any candidate who is absent for the Computer Based Test(CBT)/Aptitude Test/TypIng Proficiency Test for whatever reason.
8. During the examination, candidates should read the instructions on the computer terminal DASHBOARD carefully and follow them scrupulously. Failure to comply with the instructions may lead to disqualification of candidature.
9. The recruitment process may change for any category of the post notified. as per the latest guidelines issued from time to time.
10. The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post.
11. The panel will be formed strictly in the order of merit.
12. Employees selected under GDCE Scheme shall be subjected to initial training of the same duration prescribed for Direct Recruitees as the case may be.
How to Apply :
On submission, An Email will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id and an acknowledgement will be displayed. The acknowledgement will contain a unique registration number. Candidates are advised to note the registration number, as it is essential for further processing and future logins.
1. Upload clear / legible Photograph, Signature and relevant Documents: All the candidates are required to upload their scanned recent colour passport size photograph, signature and relevant documents.
2. The maximum file size of the photograph is 20 t0 50 kb, the signature is 10 to 40 kb, left-hand Thumb is 10 to 40 kb and that of the relevant Documents is 100 to 300 kb.
3. The Online application system will not allow us to upload any files larger than the above-mentioned sizes.
4. All candidates have to upload his/her photograph, signature and relevant Documents only in “jpg/jpeg format”. Once the photograph, signature and relevant documents files are uploaded by the candidate successfully, the system will show on the screen the Photograph and Signature that has been uploaded. If these have been correctly uploaded, the applicant shall save and print the acknowledgement receipt.