Data Protection Officer
No of Posts
Last Date to Apply
1. Post: Data Protection Officer – 1
2. Educational Qualification: Basic: Graduation or its equivalent Preferred
ii. Professional Certification: Certified EU GDPR Foundation, CIPP (Certified Information Privacy Professional), CIPT (Certified Information Privacy Technologist), CIPM (Certified Information Privacy Manager) etc.
3. Specific Skills Required: • Highly developed specialist knowledge in the General Data Privacy Regulation underpinned by theory and experience.
• Evidence of continuing professional and/ or personal self- development.
• Expert knowledge of data privacy laws and practices.
• Exposure to Data Privacy laws & regulations such as General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), UK Data Protection Act 1998 etc.
• Knowledge of Information lifecycle, risk management & data security areas.
• Extensive knowledge of Information Governance disciplines.
• Skill of interpretation of national guidance and legislation and subsequent local implementation.
• Flair for managing staff and implementing budgets. Training Delivery
4. Post Qualification Work Experience: Basic: Minimum 15 years post qualification work experience (as on 01.04.2020) as Executive/ Supervisor in Corporate Sector out of which at least 10 years’ experience should be in BFSI Sector. Preferred: Experience in Data Privacy Laws & Regulations and other Data Security areas with associated IT skills.
5. Annual CTC & Perks: CTC is not a limiting factor for a suitable candidate
6. Place of Posting: Mumbai/ anywhere in India
7. Roles and Responsibility: • Ensuring Bank’s compliance with the data protection & privacy legislation in India and other countries.
• Develop and manage Bank’s data protection strategy in India, including the development and implementation of Bank’s data protection policy and procedures.
• Undertake periodic data protection audits or reviews, including all relevant manual filing systems, archived systems and back up data, in order to ascertain Bank’s compliance with data protection legislation.
• Undertake necessary measures to rectify any deficiencies identified by the audit.
• Conduct data privacy impact assessment (DPIA).
• Submit reports on data privacy laws to the Board.
• Collaborate with supporting functions (Legal, IT & InfoSec, Compliance etc.) to stay up to date with new processes and policies.
Age: 55 years
Application Fee: • General/ EWS/ OBC candidates – Rs.750/- ( Seven Hundred Fifty only). • SC/ ST/ PWD candidates – Nil
i. Brief Resume (DOC or DOCX or PDF)
State Bank of India, Central Recruitment & Promotion Department Corporate Centre, Mumbai
Selection Procedure :
1. Selection Process: Shortlisting & Interview
2. Intimation/ call letter for interview will be sent by email or will be uploaded on Bank’s website. NO HARD COPY WILL BE SENT.
How to Apply :
1. Candidates should have valid email ID which should be kept active till the declaration of result. It will help him/her in getting call letter/Interview advices etc. by email
2. i. Candidates will be required to register themselves online through the link available on SBI website https://bank.sbi/careers OR https://www.sbi.co.in/careers and pay the application fee using Internet Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card etc.
ii. After registering online, the candidates are advised to take a printout of the system generated online application forms.
iii. Candidates should first scan their latest photograph and signature. Online the application will not be completed unless the candidate uploads his/ her photo and signature as per the guidelines specified under ‘How to Upload Document”.
iv. Candidates should fill the ‘application form’ carefully and submit the same after filling it completely. In case a candidate is not able to fill the application in one go, he/ she can save the partly filled ‘Form’. On doing this, a provisional registration number & password is generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should carefully note down the registration number & password. The partly filled & saved application form can be re-opened using registration number & password where-after the particulars can be edited if needed. This facility of editing the saved information will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled completely, the candidate should submit the application form and proceed for online payment of the fee.
3. Closure of Registration Application: 23.06.2020
4. Commencement of Online Registration of Application: 09.06.2020
5. Closure for Editing Online Application: 23.06.2020
6. Last date for Printing Your Application: 07.07.2020
7. Online Fee Payment: 09.06.2020 – 23.06.2020
8. State Bank of India invites Online application from Indian citizen for appointment to the post of “Data Protection Officer” Candidates are requested to apply Online through the link given on Bank’s website https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers