No of Posts
Rs. 1,80,000 – Rs. 3,40,000/-Per Month
Last Date to Apply
CMRL, a joint venture of Government of India and Government of Tamil Nadu Company is entrusted for implementation and operation of Metro Rail in Chennai. The company intends to appoint the following official:
1. Posts: Director (Finance)
2. No. of Post: 01
3. Pay Scale (Rs): Rs. 1,80,000 – 3,40,000
4. Required Qualification and Experience: Should be a first-class Graduate and Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or Member of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India or MBA with specialisation in Finance from a reputed Institute or a Member of Group “A” Accounts Service of Government of India.
5.Essential: Should have 25 years post qualification experience in Project Finance, Finance, Accounting, Audit, setting up of Financial, Accounting and Audit Systems and procedures in a large public or private sector organization of repute with experience in a project size of not less than Rs.1,000/- Cr. OR a company with an annual turnover of not less than Rs.200 crores for the last 3 years. Should have worked for at least 5 years at the level of General Manager/ Group General Manager or equivalent. Should have worked in a computerized environment and should have adequate knowledge and experience to handle enterprise-level financial management and accounting software. Should be well versed with the accounting standards including GAAP, latest acts, codes, regulation and developments in tax and financial areas like IFRA etc. funds management, forex risk management, raising of funds, tender processes, contract terms and conditions etc. Should have proven ability to handle related functions independently
6. Desirable: Those with experience of at least 1 year at Director level will be preferred. Experience in HR and raising capital from markets will be added advantage.
7. Contractual Tenure: The appointment is on contract basis for a period of 5 years or till the age of superannuation whichever is earlier
8. Pay & Emoluments: The details of Gross pay with the minimum Basic Pay in the Pay Scale of Rs. 1,80,000 – 3,40,000 will be as under: Basic Pay – Rs.1,80,000 IDA (Currently 18.7% of Basic Pay) – Rs. 33,660 HRA (24% of Basic Pay) – Rs. 43,200 Cafeteria Allowance (20% Basic Pay) – Rs. 36,000 Gross Pay – Rs.2,92,860 In addition, health insurance, EPF contribution etc shall be paid as per the extant rules of CMRL HR policy.
Age: Age not more than 58 years as on 10-06-2020. Age of superannuation is 62 years.-
a. Only Indian Nationals need apply.
b. Age, Qualification & Experience stipulated above should be as on 10-06-2020. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all respects. In case, if it is detected at any stage of the recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria and/or does not comply with other requirements of this advertisement and/or he/she has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, his / her candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above shortcomings is/are detected even after appointment, his/ her services will be terminated without any notice. ,
c. Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates.
d. Depending on the requirements, the Company reserves the right to cancel/curtail/increase the number of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
e. The newly selected candidate is required to join during February 2021 and function as “Officer on Special Duty” (OSD) for a period of 3 months in association with the outgoing Director (Finance) and occupy the post of Director (Finance) on the date of occurrence of vacancy i.e. during May 2021.
f. TA will be paid by CMRL to the outstation candidates for attending the interview by Air (To & Fro Journey) in Economy Class only. The boarding pass has to be submitted to claim for reimbursement.
g. Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be at the sole discretion of Management. Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
h. Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL recruitments.
i. Persons already working in Government / PSU organization should forward their application through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview.
Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai – 600 107. Phone: 044 2379 2000
Selection Procedure :
1. Candidates attempting to influence or interfere with the selection process will be rejected summarily and be declared disqualified for future CMRL recruitments.
2. Persons already working in Government / PSU organization should forward their application through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview.
3. TA will be paid by CMRL to the outstation candidates for attending the interview by Air (To & Fro Journey) in Economy Class only. The boarding pass has to be submitted to claim for reimbursement.
How to Apply :
a. The application form maybe downloaded from CMRL Website http://chennaimetrorail.org.
b. Applications must be in response to our advertisement quoting Advertisement Reference No. and Post on the application form.
c. Applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format.
d. The name of the post applied for should be superscribed on the envelope containing the application.
e. The application should contain one recent passport size photograph pasted on the form, self-attested copy of proof of age, caste certificate in the prescribed format as applicable, degree certificates and experiences certificate.
f. Prescribed applications must be forwarded to CMRL through Post / Courier Service / email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The shortlisted candidates are required to submit the hard copy of application along with copies of documents and passport size photo at the time of interview in case they have have been shortlisted based on their application sent through email.
g. Signed applications in hard copy / soft copy along with related document copies along with duly filled in application form (application form available in page no.4 to 6) must reach the Chief General Manager (HR), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Admin Building, CMRL Depot, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai – 600107 on or before 09-07-2020. CMRL will not be responsible for any delay/loss in postal transit of any application or communication. CGM (HR) can be reached at email ID email@example.com for any queries. Candidates shall compulsorily provide an email ID for correspondence. All correspondence from CMRL shall be sent only through the email ID provided by the candidate.