Chief Vigilance Officer
No of Posts
Rs. 1,20,000 – Rs. 1,50,000/-Per Month
Last Date to Apply
Chennai Metro Rail Limited entrusted with the implementation of Chennai Metro Rail Project invites applications from efficient and competent persons for the post of Chief Vigilance Officer on deputation / contract basis. Internal candidates can also apply and will be considered subject to fulfilment of prescribed eligibility criteria.
1. Name of the Post: Chief Vigilance Officer – 01
2. Age, qualification & experience stipulated above should be as on 10-06-2020. Age may be relaxed for deserving and experienced candidates. Apart from the pay mentioned above, benefits like Medical, Accident Insurance and Increment will be extended.
3. Required Qualification and Experience: Group ‘A’ officials from Central Govt./ Govt. of Tamil Nadu, Central Govt./GoTN Organizations, Central Govt./GoTN PSUs, Central Govt./GoTN Autonomous Bodies and Central Govt./GoTN Boards.
(a)Eligibility: i) The officers should be holding equivalent to Deputy Secretary level /Director Level post in Govt. of India in the pay scale of Rs 15,600-39,100, Grade Pay Rs 7,600 (Pay Band-3 Pre-revised in CDA Pattern) equivalent to Level 12 of 7th CPC / Rs 37,400-67,000, Grade Pay 8,700 (Pay Band – 4 Pre-revised in CDA Pattern) equivalent to Level 13 of 7th CPC in any of the following establishments:-
a) Central Govt.
b) Govt. of Tamil Nadu
c) Central Govt. organization/Central Public Sector Enterprises/Central Autonomous Bodies/Central Govt. Board.
d) Govt. of Tamil Nadu organization/ Govt. of Tamil Nadu Public Sector Enterprises/ Govt. of Tamil Nadu Autonomous Bodies/ Govt. of Tamil Nadu Board.
ii) The officers sponsored for the post of CVO will not be allowed to withdraw candidature subsequently and it will be the responsibility of the respective cadre controlling authorities to ensure the release of the officers in the event of their selection
4. Initial Period of deputation will be for a period of 3 years which can be extended up to 5 years. In case of appointment on contract, the initial period of contract will be for a period of 2 years which can be extended only if requirement exists on mutually agreed terms subject to the performance of the candidate against contract basis. The engagement on contract will not entail anyone to claim for any regular employment in CMRL
5. Pay & Allowances: On Deputation: The deputations shall be entitled to draw pay being drawn in the parent organization. Additionally, deputation allowance and project allowance at 10% of Basic Pay, each will be paid. Option to draw pay and allowances as per the parent organization or to draw equivalent cadre pay scale in CMRL with IDA, HRA and cafeteria allowances of 20% of Basic pay
ii. On Contract: Consolidated pay in the range of Rs.1,20,000/- to Rs.1,50,000/-. Higher remuneration may be considered in case of candidate possessing higher qualification, experience and credentials /expertise in the relevant field.
6. Job Requirements: (i) To deal with matters relating to Vigilance in Preventive and Punitive actions. On the Preventive side, to examine in detail the commercial & administrative activities of CMRL employees vis-à-vis the rules and established procedures of CMRL with a view to minimize the scope for corruption/ malpractices.
(ii) To prepare the ‘agreed list’ and a list of all the Officers of doubtful integrity and to keep a watch on such Officers.
(iii) To process the investigation reports and vigilance cases at various stages, inquiry reports received from the inquiry Officers for final orders by Chief Vigilance Officers/ Disciplinary Authority / Appellate Authority / Reviewing Authority.
(iv) To observe vigilance duty in CMRL as per the stipulated duties by Government of India.
Age: 50 years.
a. Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
b. Age, Qualification and experience stipulated above should be as on 10-06-2020. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfil the eligibility criteria and other requirements mentioned and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all aspects. In case, if it is detected at any stage of the recruitment process that the candidate does not fulfil the eligibility criteria and/or does not comply with other requirements of this advertisement and/or the candidate has furnished any incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact, the candidature is liable to be rejected. If any of the above shortcomings is / are detected even after appointment, the services will be terminated without any notice.
c. In order to regulate the number of candidates to be called for the interview, if so required, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards/criteria or to relax the minimum eligibility standards/criteria including age limit depending upon the response to the advertised posts and experience /merit of the candidates applied for the post.
e. Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be selected for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates. Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be at the sole discretion of Management.
d. Depending on the requirements, the CMRL reserves the right to cancel/curtail/increase the number of vacancies without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
f. No TA/DA will be paid by CMRL to the candidates for attending the interview.
g. No application fee is to be paid by the candidate.
h. CMRL reserves the right to withdraw advertised posts at any time without assigning any reason and also reserves the right to fill (either in the same position or downgraded position) or not to fill the posts
and its decision in this regard shall be final.
Chief General Manager (Hr), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Cmrl Depot, Admin The building, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai – 600 107.
Selection Procedure :
1. The selection methodology comprises a two-stage process, interview followed by Medical examination. The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and
a. Medical Examination: Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by CMRL. However, in case a candidate seeks extension for joining, then the second time medical examination expenditure will be borne by the candidate. To & fro travel expenses for the medical test shall be borne by the candidate. The candidate who fails in the prescribed medical test will not be given any alternative employment and decision of CMRL is final on this issue.
2. Merely meeting the above qualifications and experience shall not entitle a candidate to be selected for interview. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for interview. CMRL reserves the right to shortlist the candidates. Acceptance or rejection of application of the candidates will be at the sole discretion of Management.
How to Apply :
a. Applications must be in response to our advertisement quoting Employment Notification No. and Post on the application form.
b. Applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format.
c. Name of the post applied for should be superscribed on the envelope containing the application.
d. Candidates who fulfil the above requirement may apply in hardcopy along with duly filled in application form (application form available in page No. 5 to 7) supported by Bio-Data and one set of self-attested copies of certificate of educational qualifications, experience, age, community and latest passport through proper channel to the following address on or before 08-08-2020. Prescribed applications must be forwarded to CMRL through Post/Couriers service. Applications may also be forwarded through email ID to the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 08-08-2020. The shortlisted candidates are required to submit the hard copy of the application along with copies of documents and passport size photo at the time of interview in case they have been shortlisted based on their application sent through email.
e. Candidates shall compulsorily provide an email ID for correspondence. All correspondence from CMRL shall be sent only through the email ID provided by the candidate.
f. Telephonic queries will be attended on all working days between 10:00 a.m to 6.00 p.m. Email queries maybe addressed to “email@example.com”
g. For Deputation: The forwarding authority should send the following information/documents along with applications in hardcopy (to the below address) / softcopy (to firstname.lastname@example.org):
1. Duly attested copies of last 5 years ACRs of the applicant.
2. A certificate from cadre controlling authority as per the proforma mentioned below to the effect of vigilance clearance, integrity certificate and major or minor penalty statement (proforma available in page No.8)
h. Address: Chief General Manager (Hr), Chennai Metro Rail Limited, Cmrl Depot, Admin The building, Poonamallee High Road, Koyambedu, Chennai – 600 107.